FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Rides to COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments
The state of Missouri recently initiated the program ‘Get A Ride’ to help coordinate transportation for individuals who do not have a ride to and from their COVID-19 vaccine appointment. If you need a ride to your appointment, visit the state’s ‘Get A Ride’ website to find no-cost transportation through area providers.
In-home Vaccination for Homebound Individuals
If you, or someone you know, are homebound and interested in receiving the COVID-19 vaccine, please call MARC’s vaccine registry helpline at 816-421-4980 or 1-800-593-7948. Phone lines operate Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Operators will take down your information and connect you with your local emergency medical services to schedule an in-home appointment.
USE THIS LINK TO . . . Comment
![]() |
| FOREWORD BY GREG WALTERS |
This is without a doubt the most bizarre political campaign season I have ever seen in Raytown politics. I am not on the ballot. But I have seen a lot since I first voted in 1972.
We are all familiar with the impact of social media and how the use of cell phones has put news at everyone’s fingertips.
Many thought the internet would be a good source of information for the public’s enlightenment. In many ways it has been a very useful tool to inform people in helping them make their political decisions.
Unfortunately, this same tool can be used to spread misinformation to the public. We all saw this in last year’s Presidential race. Whichever side you were on, neither side was without blame. Unfortunately, we are witness to these same tactics being used in our local Raytown races.
We believe the candidate’s have an opportunity in their campaigns to reach out to the public. We carefully watch and listen. Like you, we then make our decisions as to who we support on what they say their plan is. Not something dreamed up by their opposition.
This year’s campaign is the first to be held during a Global Pandemic. In Raytown, it is also the first I have seen in which more races are already decided because of a lack of candidates running for office. There are seven races to be decided on the April 6th ballot. Only two of those races, the races in Ward 1 and Ward 2, are actually contested races.
One of our blog contributors sent the following post last week. We will close with the words they wrote . . . our endorsements follow.
Anonymous said...
"Don't blame me..."
1:44 PM 03/24: Generally speaking, what we're witnessing is just the tip of the iceberg, with much more to come, I fear. I'm concerned about the unprecedented dearth of quality candidates for office in Raytown, or actually candidates, period. Especially in one ward in particular. I have a terrible feeling that one of the sideshows in particular is actually REPELLING quality candidates from the role. I fervently hope that their counterpart keeps the faith and runs for office again, versus bolting far,far away from their office out of sheer frustration and embarrassment. There has to be a way to politically excise the unproductive jibber jabberers and manipulators. It's time to pay attention to the actions of those that resolutely have their noses to the grindstone and stand firm in their commitment to this community.
POSTED: March
25, 2021 at 7:52 AM ![]()
PRINT THIS BALLOT AND TAKE IT TO THE POLLS WITH YOU
Raytown Report
SAMPLE BALLOT
TUESDAY, APRIL 6TH IS ELECTION
DAY
FOR MUNICIPAL JUDGE
Traci Fann
FOR ALDERMAN, WARD 1
Jayne Loulos

JAYNE LOULOS
Jayne
Loulos is a unique individual. She holds a Master and a Bachelor Degree in
Social Work and an Associate Degree in Biology. When Jayne was 19 years old she
was in an automobile accident. Her legs have been paralyzed since the accident.
Despite this tragedy, Jayne has thrived.
She has been an active volunteer at
Midwest Animal ResQ. She has also volunteered at Woods Chapel Raytown Campus
and Raytown Christian Church distributing meals to those in need.
Jayne has made crime
prevention the central theme of her campaign. Two bullets passed through her
home the night a young woman was murdered at Colman Park.
Jayne told us, "The increased crime and violence in Raytown can be traced back to when our Police Force lost over one dozen officers during city budgets cuts. I will work to reverse that situation."
Jayne Loulos
![]() |
| JAYNE LOULOS |
FOR ALDERMAN, WARD 2
Tony Jacob

TONY JACOB
Tony Jacob is a proven leader who knows how to work with others for a common goal. This was apparent when he led a petition drive, signed by over 1,600 Raytowners, requesting a State Audit of Raytown's City finances.
FOR ALDERMAN, WARD 3
(uncontested)
FOR ALDERMAN, WARD 4
(uncontested)
FOR ALDERMAN, WARD 5
(uncontested)
FOR CITY COLLECTOR
Lisa Emerson
RAYTOWN QUESTION
Shall the City of Raytown, Missouri appoint a City Collector who shall
perform all the duties of the City Collector as authorized by Section 79.050 of
the Revised Statutes of Missouri? If the voters approve the appointment of a
City Collector, said appointment will not go into effect until April 4, 2023.
Vote Yes
RAYTOWN SCHOOL BOARD – for Director (vote for
two)
Alonzo
Burton
Donna
Peyton
USE
THIS LINK TO . . . Comment

Comments
Well said!
I live in Ward 2 and just saw a piece of literature from one of the candidates so full of venom and hate that i do not want them making any decisions in Raytown.
Tony Jacob. I do not always agree with your positions. But after I saw the garbage the other side is putting out, you have my vote.
For me this is a flashback to returning from service in Vietnam. Back then you didn't have a choice Uncle Sam decided for you in what was called the draft. Upon returning home no parade and you were lucky to not get spit on and called a baby killer.
I know I cannot support anyone who finds these attacks acceptable or will not speak up against this abusive behavior.
I wonder with the VA hospital so close or the homeless houses for veterans how long these less than respectful citizens attack others who have given so much to our country.
I guess what I hear is correct, you cannot teach respect these days when there are parents who believe their kids need participation awards. While others continue to support their adult children as they never taught them responsibilities.
Maybe it is time the good USA requires everyone to serve a few years in the military like several other countries.
I see it depends on who is posting.
This supports what I keep saying "politics are everywhere and those who say otherwise are just pushing their position when it fits their agenda"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnWb5EATmHU
Andy Whiteman
Exactly, Andy. The 10.5 percent have spoken and many offices were under-contested or not at all.
We can only continue to attempt to drive qualified candidates into office and get more people out to vote.
Andy Whiteman